I'm not familiar with the site (Music.SE) or its Meta.
There's a question I'd like to ask but I'm not sure if you'll like it.
I'd like to:
- Post the first line of a (country) song -- 5 measures -- including the melody and the guitar chords
- Observe that the chord progression is G, D, Em, C, G (the key is in G)
- Observe that in every measure except one, all the notes of the melody match one or more notes in the corresponding chord
- Ask about the exception, for example as follows
"In the penultimate measure, the melody has four notes, of which only one matches one of the notes in the chord (the C chord); the other three notes aren't in the chord. Maybe it sounds a bit dissonant when I play it, less harmonious than other measures (in which all melody notes belong to the chord).
- The melody itself sounds fine, by itself; but why did the composer pick the C chord, of all possible chords, for this measure (i.e. for these melody notes)?
- Is there a different chord they could have chosen, and why would that chord be suitable?
- Is "a bit dissonnant" a feaure rather than a bug, e.g. because "that tension is resolved" in the last measure
- Is there something, in the the relationship between the notes of the melody and the chord, that ensures it's not very dissonant (apart from their all being in the same key)?
I don't know if this is too theoretical, too broad, too beginner's-level, asked before, or etc.
If it's not suitable, is there a way to revise it to make it more suitable?
If it is suitable, is there a specific way to tag it?