This site at the end of the day is a Music Practice and Theory Q&A site. Not every question about music fits into our site. Questions like this do not fit well in this site for quite a few reasons, but the two reasons that come to mind first are:
- As worded and as you've seen in the comments to your question, people have very different opinions when it comes to this question. Everyone is entitled to their likes, dislikes, and favorites and the comments everyone had their own favorite year. As a site we are focused on much more objective questions and answers over ones where everyone's opinion is equally valid.
- Even if we could work out a fully a objective version of this question, this site is more for the people that make music rather than the people who consume it. There is a lot of overlap, but a question like this is much more home in the Music Fans SE.
A little bit more about point 1, the "What types of questions should I avoid asking?" page highlight several bullet points that suggest when your question may be too subjective. The few I think that can apply to this question are:
- every answer is equally valid: “What’s your favorite ______?”
- there is no actual problem to be solved: “I’m curious if other people feel like I do.”
- your question is just a rant in disguise: “______ sucks, am I right?”