Many questions that pop on Music.SE are about particular pieces. Most of them are closed. But regularly, a question’s validity according to scope is in dispute.
Case in point: How to identify complex time signatures?
Some of these questions are disputed for what I believe are good reasons:
- The question itself as little interest for future readers.
- An underlying, more general question, however, is useful.
In our particular example:
- Finding the signature of a particular song (only referred to with a Youtube link) is quite specific.
- Knowing how to find time signature can be very useful.
When confronted to such a question, I can’t help but wonder if we should:
- heavily edit the question to make it more general (although it might lose all interest for the OP);
- open a new, more general question, possibly marking the first one as a duplicate after a while.