I am also a part time masters student at Columbia studying computer science, with a likely focus on Machine Learning.
Being engaged: I aspire to be an approachable person politically but will admit I have found a lot to oppose in our new president :) so I focus on training progressives to engage in constructive political dialogue, including such forgotten skills as "listening," "not calling people racist when you don't know what else is wrong with their viewpoint" and so forth. I get plenty of practice with my own family and some of my peers! But really, we went astray with trolling Internet arguments and shouting matches at family gathering. Black lives do matter, but I personally can forgive someone if they need to sit down and talk about why and have some, ahem, skeptical questions.
Misc hobbies: Aspiring rock climber. Mostly I complain about my climbing gym but have great access to Central Park and have followed in the Gunks. I believe in productivity-as-a-hobby and focus on writing, messing around with bullet journals, etc.
New York, NY
Member for 6 years, 2 months
2 profile views
Last seen Feb 24 '17 at 22:27
- Stack Overflow 52.3k 52.3k 2525 gold badges136136 silver badges248248 bronze badges
- Meta Stack Exchange 14.2k 14.2k 44 gold badges3636 silver badges6767 bronze badges
- Mathematics 5.1k 5.1k 1414 silver badges3131 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 2.2k 2.2k 11 gold badge1111 silver badges2626 bronze badges
- Veganism & Vegetarianism 1.4k 1.4k 66 silver badges2020 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 987 Proper use cases for Android UserManager.isUserAGoat()?
- 241 Convert UTC Epoch to local date
- 159 Has philosophy ever clarified mathematics?
- 99 We need to be a little less hostile
- 97 When should an IllegalArgumentException be thrown?
- 92 % of % - Please Help Me Prove My Friend Wrong
- View more network posts →