Studying computer science, focused on an area I'm not especially fond of that should give me the best range of choices when I move on to a proper university or get a career. Forever working towards the brighter side of the grey area between incompetence and competence. I know enough about a wide range of subjects to get myself into trouble, and know enough about some of said subjects to divert the trouble as well.
As far as programming languages are concerned, I'm most familiar with bash (and its family), Java, HTML, and CSS. I've also toyed with C, C++, Haxe (and the Haxepunk libraries), Lua, Ruby, and Python. Please don't ever make me handle serious GUI development with Java, I will literally die. I can use vi and similar editors, I simply choose not to. I can use regex rather well. If there is a strange way of doing something, that's the way I'll end up doing it unless instructed otherwise.
Way too interested in music, mountains, cooking, game development, art, science, and electrical engineering. As interested but not as invested in reading, gardening, psychology, philosophy, history, and foreign languages. I love learning new things and helping others learn what I know- your knowledge isn't any good if it dies with you.
Arguably a nice enough fellow~
Member for 5 years, 7 months
0 profile views
Last seen Jun 30 '14 at 0:54
- Seasoned Advice 1.1k 1.1k 66 silver badges1313 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 356 356 11 silver badge88 bronze badges
- Unix & Linux 297 297 11 gold badge33 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 253 253 22 silver badges1111 bronze badges
- Electrical Engineering 214 214 11 silver badge66 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 9 Shell command/script to see if a host is alive?
- 8 Can I change how select options are displayed?
- 7 What's so off about the intro to Prokofiev's Dance of the Knights?
- 7 Can cheap vodka be used for cooking (with good results)?
- 6 How did Cardinal Mazarin give name to a Swedish cake?
- 6 Is there a difference between US Worcestershire sauce and UK Worcestershire sauce?
- 5 Mysterious Minty Yams?
- View more network posts →