I write code to pay the bills, but I've been playing EBG with varying degrees of dedication and in various settings for too long to say: mostly blues, funk, RnB, hard bop, fusion, "funk jazz", etc. I'm an OK player - nothing to get excited about.
I also play chromatic harmonica, which is getting better and more interesting as I go.
I have some formal training in theory and some bass lessons with a jazz pro but no degrees - just a lot of reading, practicing and thinking about music.
I run a little workshop for jazz wannabes - we have a few scraps on SoundCloud here.
Member for 6 years, 4 months
25 profile views
Last seen Dec 4 '19 at 18:42
- Stack Overflow 8.5k 8.5k 1010 gold badges5050 silver badges9595 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 6.5k 6.5k 1919 silver badges4848 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 3.1k 3.1k 33 gold badges1818 silver badges2525 bronze badges
- The Workplace 2.8k 2.8k 1010 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- Ask Ubuntu 771 771 11 gold badge88 silver badges1919 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 184 Is it possible to use std::string in a constexpr?
- 81 Why are lists used infrequently in Go?
- 76 Has the new C++11 member initialization feature at declaration made initialization lists obsolete?
- 61 Why is there no 'finally' construct in C++?
- 51 Why are lists used infrequently in Go?
- 49 What female mathematician can I introduce to my High School students?
- 42 Public, Private - Upper Case, Lower Case:
- View more network posts →