C# programmer professionally. F#, WPF, Clojure, C++, Java and Perl 5 programmer formerly professionally. Rust, Haskell, Perl 6 and Inform 7 programmer not so professionally. I dabble in many pies and like my languages to be interesting and my programs to be correct, preferably by construction and without ridiculous effort. I know a fair bit about relational databases and TCP/IP networking as well. More than I ever wanted to, to be honest.
Technically speaking I'm a Sun Certified Java Programmer, but mostly it just gave me more reasons to not want to program in Java.
I train in aikido and was awarded my nidan in 2014. I have British Aikido Board Coach Level 1 and am training as an instructor for both junior and adult classes. My school practises Yoshinkan aikido which values strong form and emphasises learning to control your own body and weight in order to take control of your opponent's.
Away from the computer I play recorder (ABRSM Grade 8), viola da gamba and violin, sing, read and cook.
- Stack Overflow 8.6k 8.6k 11 gold badge2222 silver badges3535 bronze badges
- Seasoned Advice 1.8k 1.8k 1313 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 1.3k 1.3k 66 silver badges99 bronze badges
- Worldbuilding 1k 1k 66 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 647 647 44 silver badges77 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 116 How to get export output in "real" CSV format in SQL Server Management Studio?
- 96 VIM, incremental search: How can I jump to the next result and get it highlighted?
- 89 Difference between shared objects (.so), static libraries (.a), and DLL's (.so)?
- 47 Would a sentient species be able to thrive when mating means the death of the male partner?
- 27 How do you raise your dough in cold seasons?
- 24 Why does Data have to use a computer in Star Trek?
- 24 Why std::cout instead of simply cout?
- View more network posts →