I am a musician and an English Language teacher, originally from the UK, but often elsewhere. I've also been a music/instrument teacher, although I'm not doing that right now (except on here, for fun of course!), and informally with friends/family and other musicians as we exchange ideas and talk about music.
I know a bit of coding, and did some system administration for a while. It's not something I do right now professionally, but I occasionally tinker just for fun.
I've been using music.stackexchange.com for a while, and I genuinely think it's one of the best music theory communities on the internet. It's a less obvious candidate for the stackexchange format since music theory is a mix of coolheaded descriptive analysis and subjective experience and opinion, sometimes with a bit of "hard" science sprinkled in. However, the community really does well to make it work, and even though I don't agree with 100% of the policies and decisions, the mods by and large do a great job.
Member for 4 years, 11 months
1 profile view
Last seen Jul 12 '19 at 11:42
- Music: Practice & Theory 4.5k 4.5k 99 silver badges3030 bronze badges
- Portuguese Language 1.3k 1.3k 66 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1k 1k 11 gold badge99 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Super User 684 684 22 gold badges1111 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 404 404 33 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 24 Why do I sound so horrible?
- 18 How to pronounce fractions larger than a twentieth, where the last digit of the denominator is a 1 or a 2? i.e. one thirtieth is to 30 as _ is to 31
- 17 Are there any more informal ways of saying "thanks" than "gracias"?
- 16 Why is the perfect fifth the nicest interval?
- 11 What are some friendly casual forms of address in Brazilian Portuguese
- 11 Are there any dialects of modern Spanish which preserve a phonemic distinction between b and v?
- 10 Tune high B and E strings one octave apart like the other strings?
- View more network posts →