I am a musician and an English Language teacher, originally from the UK, but often elsewhere. I've also been a music/instrument teacher, although I'm not doing that right now (except on here, for fun of course!), and informally with friends/family and other musicians as we exchange ideas and talk about music.
I know a bit of coding, and did some system administration for a while. It's not something I do right now professionally, but I occasionally tinker just for fun.
I've been using music.stackexchange.com for a while, and I genuinely think it's one of the best music theory communities on the internet. It's a less obvious candidate for the stackexchange format since music theory is a mix of coolheaded descriptive analysis and subjective experience and opinion, sometimes with a bit of "hard" science sprinkled in. However, the community really does well to make it work, and even though I don't agree with 100% of the policies and decisions, the mods by and large do a great job.
Member for 5 years, 10 months
1 profile view
Last seen Apr 21 at 19:23
- Music: Practice & Theory 4.8k 4.8k 1010 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Portuguese Language 1.3k 1.3k 77 silver badges2121 bronze badges
- English Language & Usage 1.1k 1.1k 22 gold badges1111 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Super User 714 714 22 gold badges1111 silver badges3232 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 444 444 44 silver badges1818 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 24 Why do I sound so horrible?
- 18 How to pronounce fractions with denominators larger than 20 where the last digit of the denominator is 1 or 2? eg 4/31
- 17 Are there any more informal ways of saying "thanks" than "gracias"?
- 16 Why is the perfect fifth the nicest interval?
- 11 Are there any dialects of modern Spanish which preserve a phonemic distinction between b and v?
- 11 Tune high B and E strings one octave apart like the other strings?
- 11 Why is the tune of Twinkle Twinkle Little Star used everywhere?
- View more network posts →