The new "Code of Conduct" is ridiculous. If people can google something in five seconds, it's OK to tell them they can google it in five seconds, in those words. If they can't handle that, we can't fix them.
be careful with jokes
No more than I would be around reasonable adult professionals at a conference.
Learning regular expressions when you embark on a career in programming is like finding a sharpened toothbrush in your cell on the first day of a life sentence.
Voting to close because: "The compiler is wrong" isn't a question.
If you understood your problem as well as you think you do, you wouldn't need help.
"Desmodromic" is Greek for "premature optimization".
Every time somebody replaces a powerful, simple, and universal mechanism with something obscure, specialized, and dependency-ridden, an architecture astronaut gets his wings.
The kludge apple doesn't fall far from the kludge tree.
Answers I'll want to find again:
I'm not sure what you mean by "ambiguous".
The purpose of C#7 is to illustrate the law of diminishing returns in illustrations of the law of diminishing returns.
To a man with a sledgehammer, everything looks like a tack.
The only thing wrong with infinite recursion is infinite recursion.
The primary goal of MVVM frameworks is to provide bad, overcomplicated workarounds for all the problems they create when they accomplish their secondary goal, which is to help you misunderstand MVVM as badly as the authors did.
Model-View-ViewModel and Navigator-Workaround-Workaround-Locator aren't the same pattern.
I met a traveller from an antique land, Who said — "It doesn't work as expected for some reason."
Nullius in verba, bro.
I'll tell you what I do if the data structure I need does not exist: I implement it. You're a computer programmer; write some code!
-- Eric Lippert
The trouble, Eric, is that so few of them are.
A logging camp in the Great North Woods
Member for 4 years
0 profile views
Last seen Jun 27 '16 at 14:05
- Stack Overflow 32.7k 32.7k 55 gold badges4141 silver badges8585 bronze badges
- The Workplace 1.3k 1.3k 11 gold badge66 silver badges1414 bronze badges
- Software Engineering 567 567 33 silver badges1515 bronze badges
- Interpersonal Skills 452 452 22 silver badges77 bronze badges
- Music: Practice & Theory 442 442 22 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile →
Top network posts
- 111 How to handle professionally if colleagues has referred his relative and asking to take easy while taking interview
- 48 Customer (small non-profit social services organization) doesn't like the term "business logic"
- 31 How to programmatically create textblock using Segoe MDL2 Assets Font in WPF
- 30 Concatenate String with Bindings XAML
- 24 How Do I Motivate a Junior Developer?
- 23 Why would one use Task<T> over ValueTask<T> in C#?
- 21 Should one always check, if the new operator worked?
- View more network posts →