I'm an software engineer with a focus on web and iOS development. I started programming computers as a hobby when I was a kid, beginning with Logo and progressing through BASIC, Pascal, PHP, and Scheme before coming across the nirvana that is Python. I used to be the head of the math department at an independent school here in Brooklyn, NY, where I taught mainly calculus courses and started experimenting with incorporating CS concepts into my school's math curriculum.
I come from a musical family---my father was the Principle Bassoon in the Milwaukee Symphony Orchestra for almost forty years (yes, I've heard the joke about our last name, and yes, it's funny), and my uncle was a Julliard-trained cellist in the Atlanta Symphony for at least as long. I started playing the piano when I was five, and I picked up the guitar and bass at fifteen. About three years ago I started learning to play clawhammer banjo, and I can't seem to put it down. :) My main musical interests center around jazz and American folk music.
- Music: Practice & Theory 20.5k 20.5k 22 gold badges5858 silver badges100100 bronze badges
- Stack Overflow 9.6k 9.6k 66 gold badges2525 silver badges4343 bronze badges
- Mathematics 3.6k 3.6k 33 gold badges2323 silver badges2929 bronze badges
- Ask Different 697 697 33 gold badges88 silver badges1717 bronze badges
- Drupal Answers 651 651 11 gold badge77 silver badges88 bronze badges
- View network profile
Top network posts
- 684 What is bootstrapping?
- 121 What's the difference between predicate and propositional logic?
- 118 Is there any real-world difference between time signatures such as 4/4 and 8/8?
- 105 Most interesting mathematics mistake?
- 95 Produce an explicit bijection between rationals and naturals?
- 76 What are some chord substitutions for a I-IV-V blues progression?
- 73 What's the explanation for Exercise 1.6 in SICP?
- View more network posts →