- Violinist from age 8; went to Eastman School of Music for undergrad
- Taught violin from about 2003-2018
- Got a master's in education and tried to teach public school orchestra for a year (failed miserably)
- Got a DMA and then discovered just how few full-time tenure-track violin professorships there are in the U.S.
- After 5 years of fruitless job-hunting, went to a "coding bootcamp" and got a full-time job in software engineering. Continue to perform as much as possible, especially in early music.
Interests: violin; music history (especially baroque); ethnomusicology; fiddle and related folk traditions of America, Scandinavia, and the British Isles; pop/rock contexts
Top network posts
- 48 How to refer to particular years in a specific century in one expression?
- 32 Is it spelled "violincello" or "violoncello"?
- 28 What am I missing about learning French horn?
- 27 Should I use "for you" or "to you" after specifying what a person should call me?
- 22 "Believe" vs "Explain"
- 18 Grammatically figure out this paragraph from All The Pretty Horses by C. McCarthy
- 17 Explain "You People" please
- View more network posts →