Finding/Creating a Canonical Post
When you find or create a Q&A that you feel is a good canonical Q&A for some topic, nominate it with a Meta post. Get a score of 10 or more, and it's canon. Create an answer to this question to track the topic, the canonical post, and the duplicate/related posts. Please also remove the topic from the below list, if present.
If you find a topic that could use a good canonical post, please add it to the list below.
List of Common Topics Needing a Canonical Post
- Use of bVII in "backdoor progression"
- Polychords (meta discussion here: Do we create “stub” or “signpost” duplicate questions?)
- "Too many notes in a measure": there are a variety of questions along this line. Canonical answer could include grace notes/ornaments, multiple simultaneous voices, cadenzas, changing meaning of time signatures, perhaps others.
- Putting steel or nylon strings on a nylon- or steel-string guitar. As of 3 Feb 2021, there are 39 questions found by the query "nylon steel is:question". A quick perusal suggests around a dozen that are variations on the same question.
- Basic "Time-signature" questions: see Should I just go and make a community wiki about time signatures?
Format for answers to this post
- Subject header
- Link to canonical post
- List of duplicate posts
- List of related posts
# bVII chords used in "backdoor progression" * **Link to outstanding, well-researched post on the subject** ### Duplicates * Link to duplicate #1 * Link to duplicate #2 * Etc. ### Closely related * Link to related post #1 * Link to related post #2 * Etc.